View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #109
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Thanks guys !! I just discovered ACE !! Wow... I love it... and cheap..

I don't think it is an "allrounder"... but unlike all the other I tried, with the presets, I already want to make music, to create songs, they are sooo inspiring !!
The patches are amazing . If you wanna start going CABLE CRAZZZY!! check out this nifty video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3sEVuQ0DkA

So back to the matter at hand. I hear ya when you say Ace isn't an all-rounder but it does have a lot to offer... Real pity about the CPU greed.

I have now demoed pretty much every Synth mentioned in this thread. I know I probably should have spent a bit more time with them all to learn the ins & outs. But I just had to start narrowing it down a bit (I have to start making some music... you know!) to my favourites out of the bunch. Now that's favourites not necessarily best soft synths. So here we go:

Alchemy
Ace
KarmaFX Synth Modular
Rhino
Zebra

If I ruled Alchemy & Zebra out of the equation I could probably go for two of the others. Right now I'm leaning towards Ace & KarmaFX.

I'd Really appreciate your help on this one guys, you have all been so very helpful so far.

Its time to start voting