View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #2773
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottemania View Post
Could anyone point me in the right direction?
I'll have a go, but bear in mind that the syntax will change a bit with the upcoming release

Quote:
Can anyone give me an example where to write what? For example my buttons sends things like this "IN -> FW-1884 90 2e 7f
IN -> FW-1884 90 2e 00 "

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
OK, so those are the MIDI messages being sent when you press those buttons. So you'd put those in your mst something like this:

Code:
UserButton1 PressRelease 90 2e 7f  90 2e 00
where:
- UserButton1 is the name you give the button. We try to follow whatever it's labelled as on the surface
- PressRelease is the type of control, ie. a button that sends a msg on press and then another on release.

Then, in your axt file, you could associate some functionality with that UserButton1, like maybe:

UserButton1 TrackMute

or

UserButton1 Reaper 40026

That last one would invoke the action in Reaper with ID 40026 (Save I think)

Have a look at the list of Actions here https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...tion-Reference

Does that make sense? See if you can get that going before we dive deeper.

Also, the last few pages of discussion have been about the new syntax which is coming. Don't get confused and try and use that in the version you have today.

Quote:
If I open these mst, fxt and axt files with the editor everything is screwed up and I don't see any system
What editor are you using?

Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote