View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #117
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
Your music collection, and mine, and whiteaxxxe's, and headcase915's, are full of examples of what "should" be done.
Only headcase915 controls the material in question, and he has now posted his mix and master.

Did you mean to suggest that people should not be alllowed to criticize, though invited to do so, until they have proven their worth?
well ... some people dont like it when someone tells them that there is something wrong, though they have recognised it themselves. but anyway ...

what I dont get: if someone wants to achieve that Killswitch Engage sound (from here on I will write only KE, for its too much of typing ...) they most simple methos is to flick on an KE album, listen to his own mixes and the KE album and find out where the hell is the difference. its called referencing. there is a reason why I listen to music on exactly the same monitoring system that I do my mixes on. and if you reference, most of the differences between KE and headcase a5re so obvious ... but no, there is bragging about programming/playing drums out of time because he is a rebel against the "industry" and so on ... seems to me as a more religious thing than wanting to get rid of the problems in the real world.

it took three pages for him to get nearer to the point to admit that his mixes and his mastering is not ok. I dont think that is the right way to ask for help, assuming its anybodys or any equipments fault but not his.

but its so easy to blame Reaper (Cubase, Pro Tools, whatever ...), the pres, the DAC, the plugins, whatever than to consider having done something really the wrong way.

problem is: that solves not a single issue. so I call this a serious lack of wanting to learn. and learning is all we do, although we call it "making music". :-))))
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote