View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #49
headcase915
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
you can get rid of pumping in disabling all of your mastering plugins. simple.

I would like to hear some clip of the unmastered song and the mastered (with this incredible chain on the 2 buss) song.

can you please upload these 2 clips and gives us something to hear?? when we hear it, we can say what is wrong. everything else is shooting in the dark.
compression is a natural part of mastering.. you know this i know this.. we all know this.. its not like im using each compressor to shove the sound to its very peak.. the first one to to add suble gluing thats all just slight (VERY SLIGHT) compression to glue it all together.. every book and vid i've read on the subject always starts with a sidebus(ssl) compressor to glue you track together...if you do that in pre master great ... i do this first instead of on the mixdown its a resource saver... after that the multi band does all the work and the limiter has a slight thresh of 1-2 db but its only purpose is to keet it from going over -0.1 db that's all.. like i said previously to another helpful person you guys are very helpful all this is great info and it did help me figure out my issue.. but you can't cook with just salt and pepper sometimes a little spice and garlic will that your dish up a notch...
headcase915 is offline   Reply With Quote