View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #638
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremo View Post
//! c=long i=legato o=note:@1:29/@2:0
1 legato
You have two output events here and neither of them are correct syntax, so that's definitely going to be your problem.

Basically what you want to achieve here -- putting the various trumpet (or whatever) patches on different channels in one Kontakt instance on one track is very achievable. This is a pretty basic use-case for Reaticulate. So we can definitely get you there.

I can understand what you're going for with your first output event: you want to send note 29 to channel 1 (and then have subsequent MIDI that you perform go to channel 1). The correct syntax there is 'note@1:29'

But what were you going for with '@2:0'? Were you trying to also send note 0 to channel 2 here? Did you want note 29 on channel 1, note 0 on channel 2, and then subsequent events going simultaneously to channel 1 and channel 2, effectively layering the patches? If so, this is the syntax you want:

Code:
//! c=long i=legato o=note@1:29/note@2:0
1 legato
And from there you can see how to fix the other lines.

Although I'm not entirely sure that's what you want.

Quote:
However, no matter how I assign channels in Reaticulate (whether put Kontakt library patches on different channels or on the same one), articulations get switched only for one patch and the channel switching from a single 'Trumpet' Midi track on my DAW does not activate / switch articulations in other corresponding Kontakt patches.
When you explicitly specify the destination channel for the output events as you've done (the @1 type of syntax) for all output events of a given articulation, then the destination channel you choose when you assign the bank to the track actually has no effect on that articulation. The destination channel there applies to output events that don't target a specific channel.

So you can either choose to remove the channel from the output events and rely on the destination channel when you assign the bank to the track (which allows the user of the bank to use whichever channel they want), or specifically target channels 1 and 2 for the two patches.

My personal choice would be the latter. In fact, I'd consolidate everything into one bank:

Code:
//! g="Cinesamples/CineBrass" n="Trumpets Core+Pro"
//! m="Load Core Trumpets Ensemble on channel 1 and Pro Trumpets Muted on channel 2"
Bank 32 1 Trumpets Ensemble Articulations

//! c=long i=legato o=note@1:29
1 legato
//! c=long i=legato o=note@2:29
7 legato muted

//! c=short i=spiccato o=note@1:31
40 short 1/8
//! c=short i=spiccato o=note@2:31
44 short 1/8 muted

//! c=short i=tenuto-eighth o=note@1:33
42 short 1/4
//! c=short i=tenuto-eighth o=note@2:33
48 short 1/4 muted

//! c=short i=staccato o=note@1:35
52 short 1/2
//! c=short i=staccato o=note@2:35
50 short 1/2 muted

Quote:
BTW, I'd be happy to make a generous donation for your awesome work. Just couldn't find a 'donate' link for Reaticulate.
The sentiment is truly appreciated. Please see this post.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote