View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #29
Commala
Human being with feelings

Re: chord suggestions

It would be useful to be able to define what shows up here, in terms of what conventions you'd like to see. Personally I only use the shortest possible chord symbols, Cm for example. Currently there is no Cm, only Cmin. Also, I would not write Adom7, only A7, so I'm wondering if there might be the potential to define exactly what conventions the list will adhere to. Even if this was done like langpacks, although ideally one could check a box to pick which chord symbols are preferred from each category, minor, major, dominant etc.

It would just help to avoid looking at duplicates in formats that are not used.

The "tuplet dance" does not look to be entirely fixed, in some situations. Actually there are a number of strange behaviours with tuplets, but maybe I'll make that in a separate thread in bug reports if that's better?

Edit: also noticed that since 5.30rc1 at least, the notation editor no longer moves the edit cursor correctly when clicking on the timeline bar. Clicking on the timeline above the bar no longer works to move to that bar, you must click on the timeline below it. Previously, depending on whether I clicked in the upper or lower half of the timeline, it would move the edit cursor to the bar above or below respectively. But even that wasn't optimal in my opinion, it would make more sense if clicking in the timeline moved the edit cursor only to the bar below it. Right now the opposite seems to be happening

Last edited by Commala; 12-21-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote