View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #590
tonfunk
Human being with feelings

Default LinVst Waves v9

Hi osxmidi, all,

first I would like to thank you for the hard work and the code you have contributed to make the transition to a linux based DAW easier.

I would like to share the status of my setup and workarounds for obstacles I experienced while getting Waves Platinum v9 to work. My system & settings looks as follows:

# Ubuntu Mate 18.04
# Reaper v5.96 (native)
# LinVst-2.32-Debian-Stretch
# Wine Staging 3.18
# WineWinVersion Win7 (64bit)
# robocopy.exe from rktools.exe
# lib: mfc42 (native, bulletin)
# lib: mfc42u (native, bulletin)

Waves Central (v9.92) installed without problems with the setup listed above and with a USB drive connected to the machine.

Note: the hostname of my linux machine is shown as my local license location in Waves Central, not 'drive_c'.

I was not able to install the plugins from the offline installer as the installation terminated with the following message: 'Sorry, an error has occured during installation - preparing.'

Note: Both dll files I used for mfc42 and mfc42u were downloaded from the web as winetricks did only offer mfc42, but lacking mfc42u. I doubt that this is the recommended option and might have chosen an unsuitable version for my needs.

My next step was to install v9.3 in addition. Even though I get the below listed error when starting Waves License Center v9.3, most individual plugin licenses previously installed are listed in the tool. Only 'Vitamin' is missing in the list.
('A connection error has occured. Please check your internet connection and try again...')

After following the steps from the LinVst quick start guide and rescanning the vst folder in reaper i was able to successfully test most plugins from Platinum v9.3, except aforementioned Vitamin (Error during folder scan: Waves License Error (Waves License Center)) and V-Comp (Error once V-Comp is selected as FX in reaper: LinVst Error Error getting instace WaveShell-VST9.3_x64.dll)

Overall this is a fairly good status that I can work with, even though I would love to use the latest versions (v9.92) and V-comp. In case you have any suggestions on how to get the last 5% up and running, please let me know.

BR,
Sven
tonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote