View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #40
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
One thing that I noticed very early is that when I launch Reaper and the project the OSC needs to be kicked in gear by making some changes with my mouse on the screen.
The OSC client should best be launched and connected before REAPER launches / loads a project in order to catch all the information REAPER sends out in a timely manner. REAPER attempts to minimize flooding by not sending duplicative information, so if you jump on while it's a already running, you have probably missed some of the information that is important to you.

You can make a 'Refresh' button with action 41743. And/or make a REAPER shortcut for it. That should force REAPER to send out current values for all configured patterns on all devices.

Quote:
What IS a nuisance is that the bypass toggle is included in the sliders. I can't imagine why that would be necessary since you can bypass the FX by touching the name of the particular VST in the the upper left row (orange). Is there a possibility to skip this parameter?
Yes, just remove the control in the TouchOSC editor (or remove the OSC command from it), they're probably 2 controls, one on top of the other.
Quote:
There is something really odd with the iPad: the interface is upside down (camera is at bottom and home button up). I don't know how to change that...
TouchOSC has a "Flip interface" preference. Try it!
Quote:
And finally (for now):
A. is it possible to change the position of the buttons where you skip from one screen to another?
Just drag them where you want them, I guess.
Quote:
B. vertical zoom and vertical scroll? any ideas?
Probably just swap an x for an y. It's all there:
Code:
SCROLL_X- b/scroll/x/- r/scroll/x
SCROLL_X+ b/scroll/x/+ r/scroll/x
SCROLL_Y- b/scroll/y/- r/scroll/y
SCROLL_Y+ b/scroll/y/+ r/scroll/y
ZOOM_X- b/zoom/x/- r/zoom/x
ZOOM_X+ b/zoom/x/+ r/zoom/x
ZOOM_Y- b/zoom/y/- r/zoom/y
ZOOM_Y+ b/zoom/y/+ r/zoom/y
PS: property and ownership are slightly overrated concepts in Western society. Just be kind to the wife and she may let you get an iPad 3 so she can sneak it out from under your pillow.