View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #60
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by poplomop View Post
Yep thanks. win7 v5.980+dev0713
Riiight, okay, I'll need to take another look at that, thanks. I have added the ability to make the play rate control really wide, so its pushing that section to a second line ...which you won't see if you have it docked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Sorry, I’m not sure if I understand. Are you saying the missing borders at item start and end are intentional?

I know there’s a lot of info in this thread, but please have a look at the mentioned zoom issue.
Missing borders in some circumstances aren't intentional, they're just something Reaper does. I usually take steps to disguise this, its one of the arguments for not doing the strong border selection thing I'm doing here.

I don't know what's going on with that zoom thing or how it could be theme related. Can I ask that you bring this up again if it persists once the theme is more mature and the HiDPI stuff is further along please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
I mean like this:

I'm talking about the space above the fx and routing buttons that the automation, pan and width could fit into.

Also, this might be a known issue as I've only skimmed the other posts here, but in the mcp, the "if track not selected" technically works, as it does apply to all unselected tracks, but when you select a track, it doesn't return to normal. Either that's unintended behaviour, or it's intended but the labelling isn't clear/accurate.
That space is a by-product of you having both a very long track name field and a very long fader. I'd need to have elements rearrange themselves on the fly to fill that gap and ...eeek. I really don't want to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
Could it be understood that the ABC layouts and 3 resolution options in the REAPER options menu just be seen as default starting points (or for someone who doesn’t want to use the script) and give the script the full authority to override / change those (ABC layouts and 3 resolution options) along with anything else available via the script
I'm absolutely considering bringing the script layout assignment back. But you raise an interesting point about authority; the issue is that the script never does have full authority, never can have it, and that's sort-of the problem. It might sometimes do the wrong thing. While far from ideal, I think that might be worth it none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Hi White Tie,

Two things have struck me:

1.If I use the trackgain, this will change its appearance. it is a bit strange.
2. when expanding the tcp width, the text shifts.
Yeah, its weird I know. I'm balancing contrasting requirements to a) make that volume control visually match the track volume controls, and b) some users are very eager for a strong differentiation between tracks that have a gain setting and those that don't.

I know I haven't got it right yet; I'll think more on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
For a particular track, change the number of track channels from 2 to a higher number (something that would noticeably increase the width of the MCP for the track). The MCP is cropped awkwardly until closing/opening the mixer again (at which point the MCP is widened and uncropped). It's more noticeable with "meter expansion" enabled since the MCP becomes a lot wider with more channels added.

Also if a track's MCP is wider due to having more channels, then you reduce the number of channels noticeably, it leaves some "blank panel space" (looks like a thick border on one side) until you close/open the mixer.

Something similar happens when allowing an MCP layout to automatically become a sidebar when selected (or not). The MCP will widen ok to become a sidebar type, but upon reverting to "standard" non-sidebar, there's extra "blank space" until the mixer is closed/opened again.
These are all (I think) by-products of the new dynamic MCP width functionality that I'm using, which is new, untested, experimental and (I'm sad to say) might not even make it into the final release. These things will need to be brought to the attention of the devs, but first I'd like to iron out any funkiness that might be my fault, for example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Also there's this little thing I just noticed (see attached). That square appears when "element labels" is unchecked, and adding more track channels than 2. It's larger when you have more track channels (for this example it was 16, I think).
Ooops. Thanks!