View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #54
mlprod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
I can't tell what's selected and not in many of my projects, small and large. Could anyone make out what track's selected here at a glance? I can't. Same goes for item selection, even though that's a bit better perhaps.

To be able to quickly spot, at a glance, without turning all mental focus to the screen, which tracks are selected or not is, in my opinion, absolutely paramount. No design decisions can be allowed to take priority over this. Track selection is absolutely crucial information.

This really needs to be fixed I think, before the final release. I have my preference on how this would be done - simply don't color the whole panel. Leave a colored strip next to name & arrange window, and then choose, very deliberatly, 2 shades of gray that clearly and unambiguosly communicates to the operator which tracks are chosen and which are not, for the rest of the panel. But I understand that for reasons this will very likely not happen. Still has to be fixed though.
Agree 100%, selections (and text!) needs to be VERY easy to spot, otherwise the useablility goes out the drain.