View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #4360
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
As far as I know you can't use any device (surface, keyboard, etc.) in both at the same time, not just CSI, any of them, unless it has changed recently
That seems very odd to me, especially given that the majority of these controllers are *literally* MIDI devices.

Do you know of any way its controls can be intercepted for remapping within Reaper?

And honestly, the reason I am asking is because there is already a fantastic MIDI to FXParameter linking system (LBX Smart Knobs) available NOW in Reaper - complete with an easy to use, polished GUI, and a simple, on-the-fly way to link parameters and keep them saved for global use. It reminds me a bit of Studio One's implementation of that, which is a good thing.

What it DOESN'T do, however, is offer the means of creating complex user layouts, design, and customization of the hardware itself - which is the crowning achievement here at the CSI project.

It's like you each have managed to cover opposite sides of an equally challenging spectrum (well, maybe not totally "equally", but you get my point).

...and it's KILLING me that the two are unable to communicate with each other! :-(
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote