View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #2327
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
Hi Geoff,

I have been experimenting with my BCR2000 to use it as an FX controller in CSI.
I created a preset on the BCR where every button sends an "on" midi message when pressed, and an "off" message when released, identical to the behavior of my QCon surface, or the MCU.
However, the BCR2000 shows the same odd behavior as already seen for the X-Touch: the BCR always turns off the LED in the button when released. So, it requires CSI to resend the actual state the LED should be showing when it receives the 'release' message for the button.
From this thread I read that there are variations of the Button widget, ending in 'FB' and 'FBR'. According to the X-Touch posts, the '..FBR' should be the correct one, but it seems it is not sending the correct state message: when I have output monitoring on in CSI I can verify that a message is sent, but not with the correct state of the controlled parameter (e.g. 'Play').
I saw that you have been working on this with mschnell in the past (for the X-Touch) but the discussion seems to have ended unresolved.
Is there anything I can do to help debugging this?
What's really wrong here with the X-Touch Compact, BCR2000, and the Console 1 by the way, is the way they set the lights.

These surfaces commit the cardinal sin of setting the lights from the buttons -- they should be completely separate operations in a proper design.

Only the DAW should set the button lights, encoder positions, etc.

Is there a way to set your BCR preset so that it does not set the lights, etc.?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote