View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 12:55 PM   #1047
Sexan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Unfortunately I don't know what the problem might be on your computer. Is this a recent issue with the latest extension versions, or has Area51 or my own graphical scripts always flickered?

On both of my two Windows computers, Area51 only flickers slightly when hundreds of areas and ghosts are moved -- and when I remove y-position checking, it becomes very smooth.

As far as I can tell (with my own scripts too) probably the most important consideration for lowering flickering is to keep re-drawing to a minimum.

Another interesting thing that I noticed, is that compositing/blitting from a tiny bitmap is faster than compositing/blitting from a large bitmap, even if the destination image is similar sized. If the source bitmaps are all 1x1 pixel, I can stretch them to 100x100 onscreen and move 50 of them randomly in REAPER's windows without flickering. If the source bitmaps are 1000x1000 pixels, REAPER starts to stagger with only a dozen squares.
No sorry this is not new issue. This was present before, he reported it few times but we were not sure what is causing the problem, we thought it was the script. But now he is noticing it on cursor change API also in his script (10 lines of code). That same code works perfect on his OSX system but on other two (I9 9900something) it flickers (slow refresh)

Regarding pixel stretchinh you told me that long before, thats why areas are 1 pixel stretched,but ghosts are normal. Or this is something even newer that I can use with ghosts?
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote