View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:43 AM   #90
PitchSlap
Human being with feelings

Sorry for the n00b question, but this is my first day with Reaper.

I downloaded the file with the icons and macro, and I'm wondering what I have to do to install it? Is there a certain folder in the Reaper dir etc?

I really think the macro toolbar is a great idea! The usefulness vs. the space it takes up is a good trade-off. It could also help some users to migrate from other systems. I'm coming from Cubendo, and by the looks of things, using macros it might be possible to emulate much of the functionality of the Steinberg toolbar...

I'm loving the reaBend skin btw!

----
*EDIT*

Ok I think I have it figured out, I have the Macro toolbar opening fine with Reaper, the only problem is that the icons don't show up, just blank boxes.

The icons are in the scripts folder and I also copied them into a subfolder with the name of the macro to see if that would work, but no luck yet. Any ideas?

I must say though, I'm quite impressed. The macro toolbar helps get rid of some of that naked feeling I have coming from Cubase. Personally I think a nice space for this macro toolbar would be build into Reaper in the blank real estate between the transport controls and the tempo information, probably easier said than done. A drop down box to select the default quantize value would also feel right at home there too.

Last edited by PitchSlap; 01-06-2008 at 08:58 AM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote