View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #79
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Dang it, that one blows with this stuff. You don't have to keep trying to make it all work with a single line for initialization. I do have a way to get the other channels happening when I need them, so unless you are just determined to make this sucker work, in which case I'd be happy to keep trying them out.
Don't worry about it! I enjoy these kind of challenges, and by now I'm kind of hooked on making this work.. If I didn't have the time or inclination I wouldn't have spent time on helping you

I'm on vacation and working on some other things, and when I get bored I have a look at the linux forum and maybe post something. In fact this is one of the better threads and full of useful information for people new to this. It also illustrates how a couple of changes can take you from being unable to use windows vsts at medium latency to make it work at low latency. It also serves to collect my thoughts in preparation of giving the wiki an overhaul, but writing that kind of documentation is something I don't really enjoy very much, at least not until it's finished

Think I'm gonna make this thread a sticky until there is better material available.

Though I'll concede temporary defeat. The problem is that I'm not very well versed in this kind of stuff. The ALSA userspace configuration is super powerful but also somewhat of an acquired taste. It's easy to make a mistake and it's hard to know the ins and outs of it if one haven't spent a lot of time doing it. This is the first time I've tried to do something like this, but I managed to combine my onboard with the rme babyface I have available here, so it's somewhat galling that I can't make it work for you too..

Could you please provide me with the output of alsa-info.sh? If you don't have that program installed, the package is called alsa-util. That'll give me a lot of information about your system. Do remove the .asoundrc first.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote