View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
skippertag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert View Post
I'm seeing it too. When inserting the VST3 version of the plugin on a track with greater than two channels, it appears to revert to a mono instance with a single mono sidechain input.

On a track with two channels, it operates in stereo.

This actually kind of works well for me because, when I do multichannel tracks, I'm generally panning mono sources to surround. But if you're working with true multichannel content, or using it on a multichannel bus, that would obviously not work well. Having the thing operate as a multichannel plugin would be ideal.

But not every plugin I own operates as multichannel. FabFilter stuff doesn't, for example, which drives me nuts with regards to bus processing in surround mixes.

I'd be curious to know whether they think this is even within the scope of the tool. iZotope essentially told me no way when I asked about getting Neutron working multichannel in Reaper, and I've since dropped using it (although already lost the money).
Thank you for the info and explanation. That makes it a little clearer to me.

At least they could provide up to 4 channels, couldn't they?

I just checked Neutron - it can at least handle 4 channels.

You're my man, introvert!

I haven't recognized that make mono plugin issue so far - bloddy Frankie ;-)

I bet that is the solution to solve the issue with the vst3 - plugins of Softube.

Because - what I don't understand is, that the vst2 are working as intended, only the vst3 is doing it strange and wrong... we have to post this to softube..

tbhanks
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote