View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #35
Dr Bob
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Oops yeah of course. I was thinking of the TX16w sampler.
Have you looked in ebay for those sliders?
Yeah, tried fleabay, but not a lot of luck. The main issue is that they are designated as RS451111 series. They need to be 10k B-taper though, mono. Strangely the sliders I have from Yamaha say 10k-B on them (yet their packaging says 100k - humph!). I have metered them and they are 10k!

They are 60mm long with 45 mm track/throw. Also, the prong for the slider knob/cap is very short, like 5mm, whereas just about all the 451111's you find are 15mm high. Thought I would try to get "insulated" ones so I can saw them down to size (harder with the metal ones!).

Underside the connecting prongs are 2 one end and 1 at the other end (ie voltaqe end to end and then the second prong is the slider tap).

As far as I can tell they are only control voltages, so no audio actually passes through the potentiometers.

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your next ventures inside your recorder and your hearing of your source for the sliders.
Will do when I find time and my eyes can focus. Need glasses, lots of light and a magnifier these days - gone are the days of building a synth back in the early 1970's! Oh the joys of resistor chains for the keyboard, military grade resistors and small trimmers for each note as well - and still the little b*****s don't stay I tune - but they did have character!!!!

dB
Dr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote