View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #364
Audio_Birdi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
I agree with Tusitala and Krahosk, this is the way I work currently but I use MIDI channels to accomplish it. These are limited to 16 channels however, and it's really not the intended usage of channels.

People may argue for an implementation similar to other existing products because that is what they are used to, but I strongly support articulations and other notation elements having a way of being embedded in the notes themselves (including, hopefully, the eventual implementation of things like crescendo markings actually being assigned to CC changes in the background)
Fully agree with Commala! Notes embedded with articulation data would be amazing. Especially if they're embedded primarily with articulation names, so that when moving midi items across different tracks, the name triggers different articulation data itself since each instrument track may have different data respective to that particular articulation name.

For example:
Flute 1 could have MIDI Channel 2 only as Staccato
Violins 1 could have MIDI Channel 3, CC number 1, CC Value 0 as Staccato

Both being Staccato in name, but completely different triggering data.

The initial implementation in REAPER pre-release 5.30 had a bank file that associated articulation names with different data from what i remember, and when moving MIDI items between tracks, the same articulation was triggered with different data contained which was great! Whilst having an actual Articulation Name lane in the MIDI Editor too.

A similar system with an easier GUI would be amazing as then the notation editor and midi piano roll / CC Lane data editor would be synced up. Creating the best hybrid from a DAW! Crescendos and all
Audio_Birdi is offline   Reply With Quote