View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #1739
petergreeny
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
Moss, I'm attempting to used my X-Touch MCU + 2 X-Touch extenders with your control software via ethernet network connection rather than USB at the moment to no avail. The message I'm seeing in the DrivenbyMoss configuration window for each unit is:

"Attempt to send to closed MIDI output: CoreMIDI4J - Network X-TOUCH MAIN"

which suggests the midi output is 'closed,' but I have these controllers working fine as a trio in Logic X for instance, so the MIDI over network is communicating just fine generally. Is there a setting in your software or in Reaper I'm missing concerning using these units over ethernet network rather than USB? The USB connection works fine, but I like the speed/elegance of running these over my network switch.
Actually, I just got it working. The problems with X-Touch over Ethernet I think were twofold:

- I was using a bad USB-C to ethernet adapter for ethernet signals coming from my Router/Switch
- if you also have the USB cables plugged in the Reaper/Moss software seems to get confused as to the source of the control, even if X-Touch is put into network mode exclusively. So if using network mode leave off the USB cable connection is my recommendation. I also went into Audio Midi settings in OSX and deleted entirely the USB Midi items for the X-Touch which may have helped.

Hopefully the above is useful to someone else also...
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote