View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

It's stuff like this...and I still wonder...

Quote:
Question: Ever considered hiring some grunts to churn out some of the more nitpicky or tedious requests your customers continuously beg you to implement? Or are there other ways you try to balance your Reaper vision with that of the community? I'm sure you are aware that this is one of the main criticisms of the dev team, so is there any sense of obligation toward ...[balancing the demands of the community with the desires of the devs?]
Asked by Poofox (98.28.44.x) on February 5 2015, 3:42am
Reply on February 5 2015, 5:06pm:

People will always nitpick about stuff no matter how much nitpicking you address. Also those requests aren't always just about tedious work, they often have effects on overall quality/design/maintainability.

Question: Adding to Poofox: it does seem R is getting more and more nitpicked and number of small but irritating bugs seems to be increasing. We can't possibly know how you work, but maybe R is indeed getting big enough to hire more devs?
Asked by Martin (93.136.117.x) on February 5 2015, 9:08pm
Reply on February 5 2015, 10:30pm:

I think people should stop trying to tell us how to do our jobs.
Btw, can a script like this do the same for the shortcuts in the actions list? It is so small it becomes pretty useless for listing MIDI shortcuts.