Thread: Goin' 60s
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #13
kirk1701
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Wow. Every one of those were great suggestions. I couldn't do much about C because I asked a friend for a favor, so I took what he gave me with no complaints. But to be honest, a more fuzzy sound was what I was hoping for. I love John's lead, but I thought it was just a tad too "classy" for the song. Would you mind doing a fuzz lead? I'd incorporate your other suggestions for an alternate version.
Also, any suggestions on how to enhance the solo section? I intentionally toned things down so the lead would get the spotlight, but it was no good if it took away from the overall energy.
I'm really glad my suggestions helped. I tried to be as constructive as possible.

I would be honoured to play a fuzzy/Cream style solo for this. I'll PM you my details and we can talk/share files.

For the record, I would use some automation to bring up the band to meet the soloist. I'd have to sit with the mix for a bit to be more specific.

EDIT: Why didn't I think of this sooner? I think an organ (Farfisa, Vox Continental, or B3) part would really fill in a lot of the spaces and would give you something to crank up during the guitar solo.

Last edited by kirk1701; 01-15-2020 at 01:46 PM.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote