View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #18
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
You could write a JS plugin with an embeddable UI, then use parameter linking to connect it to a 3rd party plugin, and save the whole thing as a track template. That would be cool for an X/Y control or any number of other uses.
Very cool! I hadn't considered that. I guess we'd only need a handful of JS plugins with different generic embeddable UI's, and they could handle a lot of different jobs. Testing this now and it doesn't need to be a JS plugin either. Check this out. ReaEQ is at 0% wet, just controlling Pro-Q2. -

Once the parameter linking is set up, the two plugins be can saved as an FX chain. Very cool.

Some kind of plugin wrapper that would allow us to 'attach' the embeddable UI to an existing plugin and wrap it up as a new plugin called 'Pro-Q(embeddable)' (for example) would be amazing, but also quite complex I'm guessing, and probably outside the realms of a script. If that were possible, then an LBX stripper style interface for designing the mini-UI's would also be amazing... I'm dreaming at this point I know

Regarding midi editor actions that don't affect all notes, you can add 'invert selection' (#40501) to that list, if it's not on there already.

Last edited by Joe90; 01-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote