View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #48
Liko
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Following a bit of discussion in the Feature Request subforum (http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=179220), I have decided to take on the task of improving support in this area.

This is an open call for feature requests, overall philosophies, dream/cadillac solutions, etc.

Just trying to get a feel for what we should attempt to build here.
Roughly in order of importance to me:

MIDI parameter feedback. First, allow an output port to receive control messages, then if an action is mapped to a MIDI CC, when that action is taken, output the new value to all ports configured for control.

Allow mapping of actions to an MMC Sysex code. Would allow the transport functions to be remapped to different variations of the action (like play/pause instead of just play, or punch in/out instead of just starting recording), without having to remap the transport keys to CCs (not always possible).

"Shuttle" MIDI CC mapping behavior. Use a rotary, fader or the pitch wheel on a MIDI device as a shuttle wheel, where the more you move the controller from center, the faster/more often the action is performed. Bonus points for configuration options for sensitivity of the shuttling and amount of "dead zone" near 64.

MIDI Learn as a context menu option. Would allow right-clicking a control, choosing the "MIDI Learn..." option, confirming the action being learned from a shortlist of possible (e.g. "Set pan for selected track" vs "Set pan for track X"), then moving the desired controller. Good for tweaking controls after a more focused mapping session with the actions list.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading.
Liko is offline   Reply With Quote