View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
sas300
Human being with feelings

Default Control Reaper with Midi-Floorboard and switch Patches

Hi!
I would appreciate some help with my live-setup (Midi/ Loop-playback from Reaper / switching Patches an my Zoom G3)

Setup:
12 button Midi-Footcontroller that can send PC or Midi-Notes on a chosen channel > Reaper running on a laptop (playback audio) > Zoom G3 guitar multi-fx.

So far:
IŽd like to switch patches on the G3 with buttons 1-5 (accepts Program changes) and start/stop loop-playback in Reaper with buttons 6-9.

Right now I filter/and convert the PC-messages with "insert piz" multiProgramChange vst as an Input-FX. That enables me to switch Patches on the G3 with Buttons 1-5. Buttons 6-7 trigger Custom Actions that Select a predefined region in Reaper and toggles play.

The configuration works so far but is kind of complex and unfortunately the piz midi vst doesnt recall the settings on project load... I have to load the Preset-bank manually.

Question:
Im a Midi noob and dont know much about PCs, CCs and stuff - perhaps someone has a Repaer-only solution that is more practical for live scenarios?
Right now Im digging into SWS Live Configs but the question remains wether to go with Program Changes or Note On/Offs in the first place.

Thanks and regards, sas