View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #143
Banned
Human being with feelings

In addition to my earlier FR re: control surface update frequency settings (quoted below), I'd like to request the possibility to also use fractional numbers for setting the update frequency, as well as for the "Wait between packets" setting in milliseconds in the control surface-specific settings window. E.g. update frequency = 0.5, wait between packets 12.5 ms. That would be useful at least for approximating values for matching to buffer size or musical tempo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
[FR] I think it would make more sense to set the control surface update frequency per device rather than globally. [...]

Perhaps it would also make sense to link the update rate to a fraction of the project audio (sample) rate and/or audio buffer size (as configured in "Request block size" in Preferences > Audio > Device), e.g. for situations where OSC is linked to automation envelopes. [...]

For lower update frequencies, it may also be interesting to link update frequency to BPM and musical timebase, to achieve 'quantized' updates every 32th note, or every x MIDI ticks, perhaps coupled with an offset in samples/miliseconds to account for potential latency down the line.
Also, for the "Receive on port" setting, I'd like it to remember the port value when disabled (it currently resets to the default value of 8000 each time it is disabled).