Old 11-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #34
dagovitsj
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagovitsj View Post
Thanks for the tip, I have done that now. Hope he has time to answer me

Cheers!
UPDATE:
MPL's script works as it should! He answered me and explained that when I imported the files named: Kick.wav, Snare Top.wav and Bass.wav - the tracks also got these names, so when i run the script it appeared as if nothing happened, because they didn't move. MPL pointed out that if I deleted the name of the tracks so they were blank and run the script, the items would move to the top 3 tracks which were named Kick, Snare Top and Bass (and had no items) - I tested it, and it worked as it should!

BUT, how do I turn off the automatic naming function when importing my wav files? I want the track names to be blank and only have the items named similar to the wav files I'm importing. There have to be a place to deactivate this function? Or do you run a script to move the track names?

@ jackmilas and todoublez - how do you do this?

UPDATE - SOLVED!
Thanks again, I found the last piece of the puzzle:
Preferences > Media > Automatically name unnamed tracks on media import [unticked]

Have a nice day

All the best
dagovitsj
| Win 10 - 64bit | Reaper 5.x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:32 GB | CPU: Intel Core i7 3,3 GHz | Samsung SSD 860 (1 TB) | Western Digital Black harddisks | Graphics Card: Gigabyte 9800 GT Silent Cell | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |

Last edited by dagovitsj; 11-17-2019 at 02:35 PM.
dagovitsj is offline   Reply With Quote