View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #38
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandus View Post
Nice
Yeah. I'm gonna go off topic here again for a bit, sorry, but a guy like you who probably owns every daw on the planet can likely attest to this, why it becomes frustrating sometimes when you use more than one product, because you always see stuff like this below, both ways, that make you feel like in some areas companies pay great attention to detail and in some other cases they just mostly ignore it.

Like below. In Reaper's edit history what's clear when you look at the events where clips moved or were otherwise edited is that it doesn't tell you what moved or what was edited, only that something moved or was edited. In the S1 history you always know exactly what you're undoing by looking at the details, because the history has the name of the clips in it. Notice how the last line where I moved two clips has both of the clip names in it.

Reaper's edit history tells you none of that. All it tells you is that at X time, something (or multiple things?) moved, but what? It's maybe harder to make a really big (like 20 minutes ago) undo decision if you can't see that. You more kinda just do it and see what it was after you do it.

I see little housekeeping stuff like this all the time, which is why I have a firm belief that any developer not occasionally using other products just for that one reason, probably should be.

Because I'm a techie / nerd type who uses a few different products, I can't help always noticing that kinda "it's really obvious when you see it but nobody can think of everything" stuff.

Last edited by Lawrence; 12-08-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote