View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #1099
Commala
Human being with feelings

Some observations on the names of the text notation actions and their respective delete actions -

"Insert text notation..."
This appears to be the same as the dialog box that comes up when using the right-click menu Chords => "Other..."
It can be removed by running "Notation: Delete"

These could be named better, so as to make the functional connections between them obvious.
"Insert text notation..." could be called "Insert text/chord notation." Likewise "Notation: Delete" could be called "Notation: Delete text/chord notation." Unless of course "Chord notation" may be expanded to include chord symbols in the future, in which case by all means keep it conceptually separate
In any case, I think "Notation: delete" is too cryptic, seeing as how it only applies to text (for now?)

And then:
"Add text ornament..."
I can't find an action to remove these. "Remove note ornament" and "Notation: Delete" both don't work. Instead there is an entry in the right click menu Text => "Remove text", but no corresponding action...

Speaking of "Notation: Delete," it appears to have some bugs. I thought I had figured out a pattern of exactly when it didn't work, but I can't reproduce the pattern reliably... just now the action won't remove any of the chord text entries at all.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote