View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #123
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
the listen worked as expected. In that window I noticed an "allow binding to actions" checkbox. Checked that, and went and bound the button to an action. That works.

I don't understand why I had to do that for this action, and not others, but, if it works, I'm happy.
That is not something that needs to be done for any specific action, but for being able to use the MIDI/OSC Learn feature with any of REAPER actions. So you can trigger actions via OSC in two ways: by using the corresponding message patterns in the .ReaperOSC configuration, or by using the Learn MIDI/OSC feature with the Actions list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
The only real downer is that the toggle state of the button on my controller cannot be dictated by reaper.
Well, that's the downside of using REAPER actions instead of the more sophisticated OSC "action descriptions". If you want bidirectional bindings (i.e. proper feedback from REAPER to your OSC control surface, so your toggle buttons always show the correct state) you should use action descriptions such as FX_BYPASS and TRACK_SOLO instead.