View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #24
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks everyone, please see post #1 for version 1.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiiscompos View Post
I love all the changes I see!
4) The small sections of the grid visible in the ruler are too long and overlap on the text in some cases. Also see attached picture.
That's not themable I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Btw, if I here (Win7, Firefox) click on a ReaperThemeZip attached in this post, Firefox asks "Open With?" and I choose Reaper, the theme is automatically opened in Reaper and copied into proper place on the disk, no need to fiddle with local copy-pasting into \ColorThemes folder.
This is system dependent; not all users have .ReaperThemeZip assigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Unfortunately the track zoom issue is still there (Windows 10). Apparently, when using "zoom out vertical", Reaper is triggering some additional zoom states which aren't reflected visually, though.
Fixed in the new version, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Items losing left border when muting them:
This is a known consequence of doing the 'outline items to show selected state'. When I was saying I wanted to avoid doing it, this was one of the reasons why. But with the full colour items, outlined items does seem to the way to go. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and now you are too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Element Labels in the Mixer script option:
There is some weirdness- if I choose all four options (sel/unsel/recarm/nonrecar) to show the labels the labels on mixer tracks disappear everytime record-arm a track
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Glad to help.

White Tie: I notice that it seems impossible to have MCP element labels visible at all times. There seems to be some faulty logic in the new version of the script that prevents this. I'm able to get MCP elements to remain visible when tracks are selected or are not selected only if I check "if track not armed"...but then if I arm the track the MCP element labels disappear even if I also check "if track armed". I thought I was going crazy or missed something, but I can't find any combination that works.
Oops, thanks gents. Fixed in the new version!

Quote:
Regarding phrasing of other tooltips, you use different verb forms for different tooltips - e.g. "applies" and elsewhere "choose". The best would probably be to keep them all at "you do a thing" (="apply")
Choose and apply mean different things, and are correctly used in their contexts. However, I take your point and will take a longer look at these; most of them are just the first thing I wrote.

Quote:
These dimmed labels ("default", "selected") serve no purpose.

The area over "defualt" and "selected" does trigger a hover state of the layout select button, but clicking does nothing. Clicking on this should behave the same as clicking on the layout select button.
The dimmed labels do serve a purpose. A condition of "I could have a state, but I don't" is useful information.

You can stop reporting mouseover problems for now, the code for them was a beginner (me) over stretching himself and the fix would be a bit of a nightmare. I've made the executive decision to live with them until I'm less busy. Thanks and sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrimae View Post
Would it be possible to allow re-ordering of TCP elements from within the theme adjuster?
No, literally not possible. However, I've done my best by making it a trivially easy rtconfig mod, best I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
If ’Allow retina drawing’ is active inside prefs > system tweaks, I’m still unable to use the TA window. It flickers and doesn’t keep its size and position.
Ah, dammit - I was hoping that OSX retina would take care of itself now that I had sorted the more complicated Windows situation Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgrt View Post
Very hard to see what track is selected in TCP (see screenshot).

Transport numbers are still not aligned to the buttons.

Track title text is not centered in TCP.

Hard to see range of volume on TCP when set to fader, (black color on very dark background, not ideal). Less of a problem with upper range since the fader moves all the way to the right, but because of no contrast it is hard to have any visual feedback about the current level relative to 0.
Ah yes, I need to re-enable my OSX text baseline fix. Thanks for reminding me!

It is possible to tell that track 4 is selected. I have given the ability to choose any colour in response to user requests, that does bring with it the ability to choose inappropriate colours if you want really clear indication. So the question becomes whether I limit the included palette colours to exclude such arguably inappropriate colours, and I think that yes, I probably should. Anyone else have a view on this?

Thanks everyone!