View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #2794
dixo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Could it stay as an Action please?

Being able to disconnect the selected track(s) on the screen from the banking of the surface (temporarily) can be very useful.

It allows you to retain surface control of one set of tracks whilst working on another track or tracks on the screen, without worrying that if you select any of those tracks, the surface will 'jump'.
+1 to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
As for a shorter phrase, how about 'Surface follows screen' ? (strictly, 'Surface banking follows screen selection')
This might be slightly confusing: we already have the option where the surface follows either the TCP or MCP, with a slightly different meaning, I think. I don't have a better short suggestion, your 'Surface banking follows screen selection' seems to be quite accurate...

And by the way, even when folder track navigation/drilldown becomes available, I still would love to have this current "surface follows MCP" behaviour available (where the child tracks appear on the surface when a folder is opened, but the surrounding tracks can still be banked to). This is a really nice way of working, much nicer in my opinion than the "Klinke folder mode" where the folder tracks take over all faders on the surface.
At least for my personal workflow, that is.

Last edited by dixo; 04-01-2019 at 08:45 AM.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote