View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #50
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Thusly, I do a formal loopback test and make the adjustment in reaper's playback/record offset settings using a single square wave sample to get them 100% sample accurate by comparing send/receiving tracks in the loopback. For my current setup that's -53 samples and has always been -53 samples for 48k - mentioning sample rate simply because latencies etc. move with sample rate.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on it in case I'm overlooking something or maybe what I'm speaking of isn't directly related.
On my hdsp it's 95 samples, no matter what samplerate or operating system.

I don't think you have to worry at all with rme, unless if you switch to linux, then I'd forgo using class compliant USB and use FW if it's supported by alsa or ffado.

I think one problem is that we are mixing a few subjects together in this discussion and it's difficult to be precise with words when writing posts on a forum. It's not like we are academics discussing a topic in an academic setting spending days or weeks writing accurate essays

Edit: You can use reainsert to do a loopback test too. I'd be interested to know if it agrees with your results and gives a 0 samples adjustment after you've configured reapers recording settings with the right values.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote