View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #267
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
Another thing is that to be able to edit control values with the keyboard, the winecfg option "Allow the window manager to control the windows" needs to be unchecked and unchecking it also seems to help in some way with wines gui response on my system.
Good job!

I can report the following:

1. With latest version from your git repo, resize of the fabfilter gui works fine.

2. With the winecfg option "Allow the window manager to control the windows" unchecked, I can indeed input numerical values, has the unfortunate side effect of making reaper unresponsive when close a plugin window, in the console output is see the following:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
Resource id in failed request: 0x7400003
Serial number of failed request: 163
Current serial number in output stream: 164

System is Archlinux+KDE so the windowmanager is kwin, going to see about installing a few others to test with.

3. Modifier+click in pro-q2 still seems inconsistent no matter how "Allow the window manager to control the windows" is set.

Congrats on getting the resizing of embedded windows working! If I come across more windows vsts that can resize the gui, I'll test and let you know. The cleanup of the makefiles is much appreciated too, looks much cleaner now.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote