View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:20 AM   #180
zacki
Human being with feelings

Hi. Considering to jump into the boat, although I'm envisioning not to much success for myself. But that's not that important. My mix is almost finished and there's so much to learn and it's fun anyway Especially this LUFS and TruePeak thing. The insight how others do their mixes is invaluable!

Although not allowed in this contest I've found this TruePeak limiter. I've checked it with wav renders against REAPERs stock limiters and I think it's doing a good job for a freebe. My submission will meet the -14 LUFS but not the -0.5db TruePeak. But I'm pretty sure it's not that important and nobody will hear it because the mix is far from sufficient.

Thanks insub for this hint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by insub View Post
I've just been rendering my final mix with "Add rendered items to new tracks in project" selected.

Select the new item.
Extensions > Loudness...
This activates the SWS/BR - Analyze Loudness dialog box.

You may need to click "Analyze selected items." ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by insub View Post
FYI:
JS: Event Horizon Limiter/Clipper does not calculate/limit to True Peak.

SWS/BR: Analyze Loudness does have an option to calculate the True Peak (measure intersample peaks). It does take longer than just analyzing the LUFS, but you can use this information to adjust your Ceiling setting to get the targeted -0.5 dBFS peak output for your rendered MP3 file.
**Remember that rendering MP3s can result in higher peaks than your original wav/aiff file due to the conversion process.**

In the Analyze Loudness dialog box, if you see -inf under the True Peak column then the True peak was not calculated.
Click Options > Measure True Peak (Slower)

Then click "Analyze Selected Items" to have them re-calculated.

If you analyze your rendered MP3 file and it's True Peak is 0 dBTP then you have clipped the intersample peaks and your render. Those clips may or may not be audible.
zacki is offline   Reply With Quote