View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #148
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
Todd:
I also am using Orban. An interesting thing about all of this measurements is that the same render as a wav will not have the same final measurements as the mp3 (for me at least). MP3's can have overages that do not happen in wav...Try it. After you get the final measurements you want, change the output format and re-render. Analyze that in Orban.....For instance, to get the final highest peak to -.5db my final limeter ceiling had to be as low as -1.5! But if I render a wav the final highest peak is....gues.....-1.5.
But in defense of Orban, I have re-checked using 2 other real-time tools (not batch process) and they all came up with the same results.
You're absolutely right Richie, I had a wave file that ended up at -14.1LUFS, but when I made it into an mp3, it ended up at -13.2LUFS. Bummer.

EDIT: So Dave, I'm going to send you the mp3, and if you would, could you make the adjustment that you would for the contest and then send it back to me. That way I can test it to see what's happening. Also I'll post here what I find out.

Last edited by Tod; 11-16-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote