Thread: Great idea
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
johnny
Human being with feelings

Default Great idea

Hi everyone,

I am dreaming about a program like this for a long time. And today I found it!
That's it, the solution for compensating 100ms+ latency - make latency even longer - just as long as one measure. Great idea, although it somehow alters the idea of jamming, but it also seems to be fun.

Well, besides the fact I'm astonished by this program , I'm also a programming student, and happened to find this app just because it is listed among Google Summer of Code projects. I am interested to take part in some programming here, with or without Google's help. I'm pretty sure I can make a Linux frontend in Qt, also have some ideas... anyway I downloaded source code and I'm going to analyze it in the next few days...

And I have to ask a question: why server doesn't mix the channels altogether and send them to a client (with or without client's channel mixed) instead of this client-side mixing? Of course, it presumes some application upgrades (already proposed: voting sistem or/and room moderator, probably with some producer options), but will greatly improve network-related performance. Is there some point I missed, because it seems like a very logical approach, and yet is not implemented?
Server too busy with mixing processes? Don't think so...

Greetings
Nikola

Last edited by johnny; 04-25-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: test
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote