View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #7
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

@Lunar Ladder; Ah, there was a bug in that simulation code in my first commits actually. But it might still not work for projects that big regardless. I see this more as a tool for doing small to medium scale experiments and that when you are seriously scoring things, you should probably stick to the linear interface

@Ivannn Bennnettt; Yeah, it's not the prettiest, I agree. I've just gotten so used to working like this that I really miss this workflow sometimes. Especially when jotting things down quickly, this type of setup is pretty inspiring / rapid for me. About the looks, well, function first. Then maybe we can tweak the form a bit more. It will probably always have a bit hairballiness to it

Yes. I did not find a way (yet) to poll the full user machine list / favourites, nor do I know whether it would make sense to really dump all machines into such a dropdown. Hence you have to edit it by hand. If you are on windows, press F10 to edit this list. If you are on mac/linux, you will have to edit the FX_list.lua file in the script folder by hand. It's just a relatively simple nested list of names. You can pick what you like and how you want to organize them.

I do a repo per project so that I can keep a separate page with usage instructions for each of them and track issues per project easily. When all of them are fully featured and stable I will probably combine them in a single repo.

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean about the title? I have one thread per project? Hackey Trackey, Hackey Patterns and Hackey Machines are separate projects / interfaces that don't depend on each-other. I want to make the tracker, sequencer and machine view usable as standalone, without depending on the other.

I had some images of this projects on the Hackey Trackey thread, before I had something ready for release, but HT is its own separate thing.

Sometimes, threads can suddenly move fast, and it's hard to keep track of things when the topic changes often. I hope it's not seen as obnoxious that I opened a separate thread for this.