View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #22
SteveE9C6
Human being with feelings

Uh, what would be the purpose of different themes then folks?

I've used Sonar since before it was Sonar. I've been recording since the 60's. I also have PT12.8, Cubase 9.5, Studio One Pro 3.5, and last but not least Harrison Mixbuss.

Reaper is powerful and fast. I like that. My favorite? Heck, my old Soundcraft 40 channel into a 24 track 2 inch machine. All DAW's are an imitation of what we use to have.... Fancy imitations no doubt, and can do things that the original analog recording process could not. I don't miss splicing tape, head maintenance, degausing, etc....

I took a look at Reaper years ago after some noise on Gearslutz and Home Recording forums. What turned me off was not the software.... no, it was the level of "snarkiness" some of the frequent Reaper proponents came across as. I just couldn't get past that and wrote Reaper off as a tool for amateur kids in their bedrooms.
Now, admittedly... it has grown in to a very nice application. Clearly, it is the most effecient DAW I am aware of. Perhaps my first impresssion years ago was hasty.
However... some of the remarks here, well. It's just an application, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm currently using the old school theme "Abbey Road". It's kind of cool. I just don't see anything wrong with helping a newcomer to Reaper. IF something will help them, then why not?. Sonar theme? I'd try it...

But folks... a daw, is a daw, is a daw.... I am no longer in the commercial studio business, but I have a home studio that is the equal of many commercial spaces when it comes to tracking songwriters, small groups, etc.

Whatever works.. works. If I find a tool that makes it easier, well that is cool.
Y'all have a great day and a happy new year.
SteveE9C6 is offline   Reply With Quote