View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #1235
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I'm afraid that Touch is now only used in the context of automation and can't be used as a separate action, which is kind of a shame, I agree.
Ah, got it! Well, the way I've set things up now works quite well too.

Quote:
This seems to be something within Reaper itself, we all have this issue
Interesting! I was using the Klinke driver up to this point and that one doesn't suffer from it, so I wonder how he pulled it off. Not meaning to take anything away from CSI, this is obviously waaay more customizable and actually really amazing. FWIW, the DrivenByMoss driver also has the same issue.

Quote:
No problem with asking questions, that's why this thread exists
Awesome! So, I have one more
I've been spending the whole day playing with this thing today and figuring it out. One thing I don't get is how to get my X-Touch Extender to go into FX mode together with the main unit. I've made some plugin maps for my main X-Touch and it works great, but I'd like to use the rotaries on the Extender too. When I press the plugin button on X Touch, it goes into MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu, but the Extender does nothing. Selecting a plugin map makes the main X Touch open the map, but the map I created for the extender doesn't appear on it. The extender acts as if nothing happened.
In this case I'm mapping the Brainworx SSL4000E channel strip. I've mapped the EQ + filters to the main unit (using rotaries + push buttons + modifiers). I'd like to map the compressor + THD and some other stuff to the Extender.
The Extender doesn't have a plugin button of its own, so I'll have to somehow get it to react to the plugin button from the main unit. But how?
The original .zon file for the Extender had "OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu", but I don't want that to happen when I select a track. I want it to only happen when I press the Plugin button on the main X Touch unit.

And thanks so much for the help! Although I'm newly registered on this forum, I've been visiting it for years to look for Reaper related answers and it's such an amazing community!

Last edited by ivanmihaljevic; 05-18-2021 at 07:05 AM.
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote