View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #15
stormyandcold
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Honestly have no idea how audio interface drivers can influence loading of presets in a completely different program, that sounds bizarre. Might wanna take that up with Toontrack support.
I've had quite a few other problems with Focusrite drivers for my 1st gen 18i20 under Windows 10. I've reported my problems quite a few times to both Microsoft and Focusrite. Focusrite finally released a new beta in May and a 2nd version in June. So, yeah, things are happening, but, very slowly. The last official 18i20 drivers were version 1.8 3yrs ago.

With the new beta drivers, Focusrite have basically back-ported their Scarlett 2nd gen drivers to work on 1st gen, aside from this EZD2 problem (and potentially others) the new beta has fixed a few issues I was having. They even improved ASIO latency performance for 16 and 32 samples, but, held back on 64 sample improvements (2nd gen only atm).

Right now on my end since November last year it's all been beta (and it's because of those problems that I joined the Microsoft Insider program to find a solution); beta operating system, beta Focusrite 18i20 driver, beta Reaper, beta Nvidia graphics driver lol.

What a time to be a guinea pig lol.

p.s. I've already contacted Toontrack just in-case (I've reported bugs to them before for both EZ Drummer and EZ Mix).
stormyandcold is offline   Reply With Quote