View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #27
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post
And I prefer to give Kody my Waves business. Good guy!

Note that IR1 is currently on sale at EveryPlugin.com for $25.88 (before discount). I'mma gonna pick it up. Thanks, ReaDave.
IR1 is good. Got it a while ago on special. Well worth the $.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
V-Comp was the first Waves plugin I ever bought. I knew nothing about mixing. I didn't even know how much I didn't know. But I knew that was a fat effing compressor. It was so fat, I didn't know how to use it. It obliterated everything I put it on. Except the mixbuss. Put in on there and suddenly you have a record.

That's a bit hyperbolic, maybe it's more accurate if I say that it's a very familiar tone. I've just started to use it on drums and subgroups and it's working well. It's still really easy for me to crush something negatively. The Neve 2254 was meant as a buss compressor, so power and strength was part of the brief. It had to control a variety of different sources at once.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I didn't end up buying the accompanying eqs, but I bet they'll all work well together. If you like classic rock, you'll love these sounds—thick and smooth.
Yep. That's definitely my thing. I've been a big Neve fan since using 1073 preamps at a live venue I was house engineer for years ago. The Neve sound is also really good for Berlin School Electronic (think mid 70s to early 80s Tangerine Dream) which I am also into big time.