View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
mschnell
Human being with feelings

goldenarpharazon, Thanks for your answer !

Are there any working OSIIbot examples out there ?

I suppose in most cases OSCIIbot is used to attach to Reaper via OSC - usually running on the same box as Reaper, while sending/receiving Midi from/to an externbal device (such as a controller board e.g. BCF2000 like in the other thread.

Here I need a different thing: having OSCIIBot attach via OSC to an external device, while communicating with Reaper (i.e. JSFX programs) on the same box via Midi.

I am rather sure that I'll be able to get the Midi side of the problem done.

The initial task is just OSC issues:

- attach OSCIIbot to the mixer Supposedly I need to supply the IP address and the port to OSCIIbot. I'd like to do that somehow "from outside" not in the EEL source code.

- make the mixer send out the state of certain parameters so that I can convert them to Midi and send them to the existing JSFX-script-construnct in Reaper

- in certain intervals send "register" requests to the mixer to make it send out the values of these parameter whenever they get changed by different sites.

I have been provided with the python code that does exactly this. I need to analyze same and see what exactly has to be implemented.

If this "initialization" can be solved, I am rather sure that the conversion / transport is doable rather easily.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 11-09-2017 at 11:17 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote