View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 04:41 AM   #267
bolgwrad
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I can't duplicate that (Linux). Do you have any other plugins on that track, or others that feed into it? Some plugins do that kind of thing (some Airwindows and SoundToys plugins, for instance).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I actually saw that sub noise earlier as well, but was able to work around the issue that time. I wonder if I’ve changed something relevant since. The filters used in the sidechain section for some reason messed up the extreme low end.

Could you check if the Detector HP filter (defaults at 10Hz) has any effect?
NB this glitch doesn't affect the sound in any way I can tell, it's just odd.

FYI I've got 2 soundcards: the MB soundcard and a 4-ch MAYA PCIe which Reaper uses. (Quite happily for years, touch wood).

Weird results, depending on whether I open a new or old project - which suggests it's me, but:

1/. Opened a blank project and just put Complab 0.6 and Span on the master - no sub noise.
Added tracks to this project with (a lot of) random plugins and templates - no sub noise.

2/. A regular project with 50 tracks and 1-4 plugins on each track, various inter-track sends, VSTis, etc - Span shows 30Hz at -39.1dB.
Removed all plugins - still there, except each plugin or track removed reduces the frequency equally, it drops to about 26Hz. Any single random track left behind without any plugins or master sends produces the 26Hz @ -39.1dB. Even with the master hardware sends removed. Without any tracks/channels, the noise goes - until I press 'play'. If I add a new blank track the subnoise returns, playing or not.

3/. No controls on Complab affect it apart from the Reaper wet/dry button - as I reduce the wet level the signal frequency jumps to 40Hz and then down again; 0% removes the noise. The Span display also spikes frequency-wise to about 90Hz when I press 'play' - even with no media in the tracks.

4/. Just to confuse things further, I opened a blank tab with just Complab and Span, and copied and pasted all tracks and media from a regular project that shows the subnoise. You guessed it - no subnoise in the new one.

Not sure any of this helps, sorry! As I say, functionally Complab works fine.