View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
I'm having way more crashes with the latest few versions of Reaper than normal and I'd love to narrow down if it's a specific plugin or if there is something with in Reaper prefs I can adjust.
Have you also tested with the latest release version to see if you are having similar crashes? If you make an assertion that this is related to the latest pres you actually need to test that - is it this pre? The last two pres? The latest release as well?

Just saying you are having random crashes doesn't give anyone enough information to try and help, even with crash logs. As users of the dev versions, it's on us to test versions and check regressions. If you don't have the time to do that it might be best to stick with the release version for now (which will also tell you if the behavior is happening in the release).

Generally if you are the only person reporting lots of crashing it is related to 1) specific hardware you are using or 2) third party software. And while the crash logs can maybe point you in the right direction, you should be testing and documenting as much as you can to narrow down the problem a little. My guess in your scenario is that if you ran the release version for 3-4 days you'd probably see similar behavior.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote