View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #28
RDBOIS
Banned

Nice!

Hmmm... I listened to all three version and you got me into a bind. I like the intro of version 1, the music mix of version 2, and the slow lyrics of version 3.

I couldn't live with this conflit in my mind so I downloaded the version and imported them into Reaper.

I did of few things to see what would happen if the song was according to my taste. Here is what I got - note: I only rendered the first 1:30 min of the song - as this is just to provide an example/exercise:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=104...BU318JPxcRLyRq

If I had the tracks it would of been easier to mix something, so I had to do a bit of magic:

1. I cut the intro out of V1 and the ending of the song
2. I pasted the intro to the song ending
3. I added a very long reverb to stretch that small part out - "I can hold it" (musical pun)
4. I cut the first section of V3
5. I mixed the v3 section with the stretched intro
6. I added even more reverb to the stretched intro, rendered, reversed the take, added flanger, and mixed it into the end of the V2 section
7. I added stretchmarks to V1 to sync it to v3 - so I could slow down the tempo of V1 * lets call this track V1slow
8. I pasted V1slow to the V2 section - with the reversed part to link them together

Ohhhh yeah, I added a few bars of drumming before the second verse vocal kick in - anticipation effect

Rendered the first 1:30min.

So, this is what I was hearing in my inner ear's mind. A mix of your three versions!

Last edited by RDBOIS; 02-14-2018 at 09:12 PM.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote