View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
dplmartin
Human being with feelings

Default Script Update - Choice

I've noticed that the batch file has incurred some formatting errors when pasted into the thread. So I'm attaching it to this message as a txt attachment. Just change the extension to .bat after you've downloaded it.

I've also noticed that PathSync consumes a lot of resources while it syncs huge numbers of files. Even though you're connected to the network, it may not be a convenient time to sync. So I have included a new part to the batch file.

After checking that the server exists, the script will prompt you with a y/n question to see if you want to continue. It will default to y after a user defined number of seconds.

If you are using WinXP, you will now need a copy of choice.exe in your \Windows\System32 directory. You can download the open source version from here:
http://winsupport.org/utilities/freedos-choice.html

One idea that I came up with (but I don't know enough to do) is to get the batch file to read the server name or ip address from the PSS file. That way, if you're synchronising to more than one computer, the batch file would check to make sure that each one was there.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sync.txt (2.3 KB, 840 views)
dplmartin is offline   Reply With Quote