View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #128
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
We don't really worry about freeware competitors as they aren't really competition. We offer our own free software and are continually raising the bar for EVERY company. It always seems like others are trying to keep up with us! As for our numbers, we'll keep that private and internal. When it does drop, the meticulous, detailed work, great sound and functionality that everyone has been asking for will be what carries SampleTank 3 when it is ready to be released.
I wouldn't say every company, we don't follow anyone and never have... In fact the only similarities between what we are doing and what you guys are doing is that its vst, and they are meant for guitar.

One more thing that I want to clarify just in case its taken wrong by forum members. Many of which are very staunch freeware supporters and I can see that, as pipeline audio would say, "there is going to be an absolute awesomeness happen.."(IOW a flame session).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
We don't really worry about freeware competitors as they aren't really competition.
I'm sure you didn't mean that freeware developers and their software are not competition in that they don't make good stuff..

I'm going to drop a few names that are doing similar stuff to you guys as a reminder to you..

Lepou
Ongel
ALU
Bootsy.

Any of their developments easily match anything that IK has ever released, and in a lot of cases far surpasses it. However, thats just my opinion, this is of course subjective.

I just wanted to point out that your statement could be taken in a wrong context. People could also take that as a very arrogant statement from a representative of IK. However, I don't believe thats what you meant... Right?

In that light, could you please explain why you don't view them as competition?

I'm curious...

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly; 04-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote