View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #85
joeymusicguy
Human being with feelings

sorry to make another appearance with this same statement, but some of you seem to be failing to read what i'm saying specifically about the reverb-tail fx situation.

you don't need to be able to extend the right edge of the audio if you're going to use an ITEM FX. because all you need to do is add empty audio to it (you can double click in a time selection to do this, there are also several other easy ways to do this) and then glue it with your item. tada! your item is longer now. pretty much the same as audio-suite in protools, or plugin processing in cubase.

please do not mention that extending the right edge of items is important for time-extending fx anymore. i've already shot that down several times in this thread.

at any rate, im not asking for the current behavior to be removed as i understand reaper is to meet the needs of many different people. i'm only asking for the "right-edge stops at end of audio data" behavior to be available as an option.