View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #31
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaragray View Post
did anyone try it yet and can give a little example?
Coincidentally, I've worked on a very similar MIDI<->OSC project just recently, so here's another midi2osc example (while I have (N)RPNs & stuff fresh in mind ):
Download: Generic midi2osc v1.0.

This one is a generic MIDI to OSC converter, it remaps any MIDI channel-based messages to OSC messages.
It also supports MIDI CC events with 14 bit resolution (optional):
  • CC pairs (CC#0 to #31)
  • Registered Parameter Number (RPN)
  • Non Registered Parameter Number (NRPN)
  • Should be compliant with MIDI specs: supports Reset RPN (0x3FFF), "All Controllers Off" (CC#121), etc..
Important! You must edit/tweak this file before you can use it: you at least have to define your own MIDI device input(s) and your own OSC server there.
=> Just open it in a text editor, everything is explained inside (as you'll see, there are other things you can customize -I made the code "tweak tolerant", well... to some extend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym View Post
would this be helpful in overcoming REAPER's limit of only 16 dedicated control channels? (as per this issue: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130974)
I don't think midi2osc will help you about that, but I'm not sure it's what you need actually...
To be honest, what you described in your thread sounds a bit convoluted to me (doable with a single MIDI channel?) but it seems "MIDI-input specific assignments" is what you are really after there (I mean CC#4 on Channel 7 from device1 triggers something different than CC#4 on Channel 7 from device2)
=> midi2osc + the generic config here should help about that! (the script tags OSC messages with MIDI device "IDs")

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Else View Post
Does this mean some clever person can make code to get my behringer bcf 20000 to actually get data feedback from plug-ins and update itself!?
no, sorry. you would need a proper control surface plugin, or "osc2midi" for that (not midi2osc).
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote