View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #39
RokkD
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans View Post
Effects in the mixer and effects in the tcp seem to me to present quite different problems.

Mixer is probably pretty easy - it's more of a fixed size and you can have sections appear / disappear - though if docked below the waveforms, you'll not have much room for the waveforms if the mixer gets too tall.

In the TCP, a display like in Audition or the like depends either on you being zoomed in so that the TCP has enough height to show the effects boxes, or you have to scroll the boxes.

I'm not sure that anything I've seen proposed so far for the TCP is significantly quicker to access than the current arrangement. (Sink's idea seems neat but I'm not sure it would make that much difference?) As it is now, click on the track's FX button, there they all are, click on the one you want. No need to scroll stuff or enlarge the track height. Right click on the FX button to start the process to insert a new effect. A list in the mixer could be quicker assuming it was displayed already (I mean the proposed FX pane of the mixer) and that you didn't need to scroll.
Alot of the time I will only have one vsti on a track, Wusik station, Synth1, or whatever, and one click would bring up the floating gui, as opposed to, click-scroll (depending on where the vsti is in the chain) -double click (to float) -click(to remove chain window)....waaaay to slow!....it needs to be click-open, click-close.